photo by William Aegerter '85
From the early ’60s through the early ’90s, Reedies spent a weekend in the fall enjoying surf, sand, the talent show, green eggs and ham, and the unique setting that is Camp Westwind on the Oregon coast. The tradition has continued since 2002 with a family friendly approach. And this year we are adding some optional educational elements. Participants can learn about some of the coastal management and planning issues, and children can partake in some nature education as well.
This event is sponsored by the Portland alumni chapter and the college, but it is open to Reedies from all over. Join in the new, expanded tradition October 7-9, 2016!
Partners and children are welcome to attend this event. Unfortunately, Camp Westwind is not easily accessible for those using mobility devices, but it is definitely possible (beach access is definitely not accessible), but we are committed to reasonable accommodation. If you have any dietary restrictions, please register early and let us know what they are so that we can plan accordingly.
Join us--whether you are coming from Portland, New York, Kansas, or Florida--and enjoy the start of fall with past and future Reedies, friends, and family at Camp Westwind. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 503/777-7589.
- $180 adults (18 and over)
- $120 teens (13-18)
- $85 for kids 3-12 (children 2 and under are free)
- $85 for kitchen crew
- $230 adults (18 and over)
- $170 teens (13-18)
- $145 for kids 3-12 (children 2 and under are free)
- $85 for kitchen crew
The cost includes food, lodging, and round-trip transportation from Reed. A limited number of reduced-rate spaces are available for kitchen crew people; please contact Johanna Colgrove '92 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule for the weekend:
- Load bus and depart Reed mid to late morning. Boat crossing at 2 p.m. Unpack. Unwind. Explore.
- Talk on Coastal managment issues
- Happy hour, dinner, talent show, music, and campfire.
- Breakfast. Beach walks. Lunch and guided nature hikes. Music. Reading. Games.
- Happy hour, dinner, more music, campfire
- Breakfast. Morning walks. Clean up. Lunch. Depart. Bus to arrive back to Reed on Sunday late afternoon.
The 2012 weekend was graced with gorgeous weather; check out photos by Ben Salzberg '94.