2018 Alumni Association Constitutional Changes
After several years of discussion, Reed's Alumni Board voted 20–5 to amend the constitution and bylaws of the Alumni Association on June 8, 2018 at Reunions 2018. In accordance with the current constitution, the College received more than 50 objections to the changes, thus triggering a ballot of the entire alumni community, which will take place in early 2019. Please find information related to the constitutional changes below.
- Current Alumni Association Constitution and Bylaws
- Alumni Board Amendments passed June 2018
- September 2018 Reed Magazine article "Alumni Board Votes To Amend Constitution"
- September 2018 Quest article "Alma Matters?"
- Current Alumni Board membership and committees
- 200-word Personal Statement Submission Form
Alumni Association Referendum Timeline
The following timeline was developed for the Alumni Association referendum:
- December 3, 2018: 500-word in favor/opposition position statements due to Alumni Programs
- December 10, 2018: 200-word personal statements may be submitted to Alumni Programs via this google form. An email with this link will be sent to interested parties, 53 original objectors, and the Alumni Board.
- January 7, 2019: All 200-word personal statements must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. pacific time
- January 14, 2019: All statements are published on the Alumni Programs referendum webpage
- January 22, 2019: Alumni Association Referendum voting begins
- February 5, 2019: Alumni Association Referendum voting concludes
- February 6, 2019 (Tentative): Alumni Association Referendum results announced (results will be announced as soon as possible)
Questions? Please contact Alumni Programs at email@example.com or 503/777-7589.