The Alumni Board is Reed's national volunteer board of directors whose purpose is to direct the alumni association's goals, programs, and services, and represent alumni in the broader Reed College community.
- October Meeting: Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 12 p.m. (PDT)
- February Meeting: Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 12 p.m. (PDT)
- June Meeting: Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 12 p.m. (PDT)
Click on any board member's name to view their contact information. Please note an IRIS login is required to view this information.
- Melissa Osborne ’13
- alea adigweme ’06
- Dave Baxter, ’87
- Jinyoung Park ’11
- Jon Bates ’67
- Sirius Bonner ’05
- Molly Case ’12
- Shirley Gibson ’94
- Liz Gilkey, ’01
- Andy McLain ’92
- David Messner ’90
- Rennie Meyers ’15
- Peter Miller ’06
- Salim Moore ’11
- Govind Nair ’83
- Laramie Van Duzer Silber ’13
Presidential AppointmentsJac Nelson ’13
Chapter Leadership Council Members
- Eve Lyons ’95, Boston Chapter Chair
- Andrei Stephens ’08, New York Chapter Chair, CLC Chair
- Alexia Cassimatis '89, CLC Representative
Committee for Young Alumni (CYA)
Through structured, proactive engagement, the Committee for Young Alumni assists Reed students to prepare for graduation or departure from the college and supports their first post-Reed decade. CYA will continually deliver resources to strengthen our alumni network through close integration with college staff, other Alumni Board committees, the chapters, and Alumni Fundraising for Reed. Learn more about the Committee for Young Alumni and its Pathfinders Initiative.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee (DIC)
The Alumni Board's Diversity and Inclusion Committee is committed to engaging and supporting Reed community members from historically underrepresented groups. By recognizing the complexities of identity, diversity, and privilege, we strive to engage fully all alumni. Learn more about the Diversity and Inclusion Committee and check out its Racial Justice Resources.
Reed Career Alliance (RCA)
RCA is an initiative for alumni to support the career development of current students, recent graduates, and mid-career graduates through mentoring and experiential-learning opportunities. Learn more about the Reed Career Alliance and find career resources here, including the Alumni Career Coach program.
Each year the nominating committee selects five new at-large members of the alumni board who will serve three-year terms. Committee members are the immediate past president of the alumni board (chair), the current president, and three non-members of the alumni board.
Alumni may nominate themselves or other Reedies to serve as an At-Large Member, Secretary, Alumni Trustee, or as a member of the following year's Nominating Committee. Nominations will be accepted through July 17, 2021 for terms that begin on July 1, 2022. Please note that all at-large members serve on a volunteer working committee of the board.
Submit a nomination2021–2022 Nominations Timeline
- June 6, 2021: Call for nominations begins
- July 17, 2021: Call for nominations deadline
- July 31, 2021: Statement of interest from nominees due
- Mid-August, 2021: Nominations committee review and interview assignments made
- Mid-August–Early September, 2021: Nominee interviews
- September 6, 2021: Interview deadline
- September 2021: Nominations committee review, discussion, and vote
- September 27, 2021: Final slate given to the college for publication
- July 1, 2022: Terms begin
If you are interested in being part of an Alumni Chapter Leadership Council, please contact the chapter chair to learn about the nomination process for their chapter steering committee as it varies from chapter to chapter. Click here to find a chapter near you.
2021–22 Nominating Committee Members: