The Alumni Board is Reed's national volunteer board of directors whose purpose is to direct the alumni association's goals, programs, and services, and represent alumni in the broader Reed College community.
Upcoming Board Meetings
- September Meeting: Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 11 a.m. (Forum for Advancing Reed)
- November Conference Call: Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 10 a.m.
- March Conference Call: Saturday, March 14, 2020 at 10 a.m.
- June Meeting: Friday, June 12, 2020 at 6 p.m. (Reunions)
Click on any board member's name to view their contact information. Please note an IRIS login is required to view this information.
- Jinyoung Park ’11
- Melissa Osborne ’13
- alea adigweme ’06
- Lisa Saldana ’94
- Jon Bates ’68
- Dave Baxter ’87
- Molly Case '12
- Eira May ’08
- David Messner '90
- Rennie Meyers '15
- Michael McGreevey ’03
- Shabab Mirza ’15
- Salim Moore ’11
- Govind Nair '83
- Ben Rankin ’87
- Kelly Reed ’13
- Andrei Stephens ’08
- Patrick Sullivan ’00
Chapter Leadership Council Members
Committee for Young Alumni (CYA)
Through structured, proactive engagement, the Committee for Young Alumni assists Reed students to prepare for graduation or departure from the college and supports their first post-Reed decade. CYA will continually deliver resources to strengthen our alumni network through close integration with college staff, other Alumni Board committees, the chapters, and Alumni Fundraising for Reed.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee (DIC)
The Alumni Board's Diversity and Inclusion Committee is committed to engaging and supporting Reed community members from historically underrepresented groups. By recognizing the complexities of identity, diversity, and privilege, we strive to engage fully all alumni.
Reed Career Alliance (RCA)
RCA is an initiative for alumni to support the career development of current students, recent graduates, and mid-career graduates through mentoring and experiential-learning opportunities. Learn more about Reed Career Alliance
Each year the nominating committee selects five new at-large members of the alumni board who will serve three-year terms. Committee members are the immediate past president of the alumni board (chair), the current president, and three non-members of the alumni board.
2019–20 Nominating Committee Members:
To nominate yourself or another Reedie for the Alumni Board, please email email@example.com with the name of the person you are nominating and a short description of why they should be part of the Alumni Board. Nominations are being accepted through July 15, 2019 for three-year terms that start in July of 2020. All at-large members serve on a volunteer working committee.
- June 7, 2019: Call for nominations begins
- July 15, 2019: Call for nominations deadline
- July 31, 2019: Statement of interest from nominees due
- Early August, 2019: Nominations committee review and interview assignments made
- Early August–Early September, 2019: Nominee interviews
- September 9, 2019: Interview deadline
- Late September–Early October, 2019: Nominations committee review, discussion, and vote
- October 15, 2019: Final slate due to the college for publication in Reed Magazine
If you are interested in being part of an Alumni Chapter Steering Committee, contact the chapter chair to learn about the nomination process for their chapter steering committee, as it varies from chapter to chapter. Click here to find a chapter near you.